Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Birtday

Today is my birthday, but I think I'm going to write about the fun party we had yesterday for Amanda's birthday, which was the 22nd. It was nice to have family and friends over yesterday. Guests started arriving around 2:30pm and the last ones left at 1:30am. We went through 9 pizzas, countless cans of soda and three and a half cases of beer. So that made for a good day right there. But there was more that happened that made it even better.

First, when my in-laws got here they gave me a present that really surprised me. A new cornhole set. One was painted in St Eds color and the other in Fairview's colors. I was really surprised!!! We ended up playing until a little after midnight.

Another thing that made it a better day was the fact that my Mom and Dad both came. They didn't talk, but everyone else did around them. I even asked Dawn if she thought one day the two of them would be able to sit with everyone else and hold a civil conversation. I think it will happen someday....

Last was just seeing Amanda having a good time with all her friends who came over. She got a lot of really nice gifts and she had a really good time.

1 comment:

Lisa Watson said...

Sounds like you all had a great party! It must have been a sight to see mom and Corky actually in a mile of each other w/o the anger flying. I'm happy for you all that it turned out to be a great day!!
Love you all.....