Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Friday


What more can I say? It's Friday, the end of the week. I'll try and get through the work day just to get out of here, go get the girls and get out to Amherst for the Regional Finals. I am so proud of Derek, even more so then normal. He realized, on his own, how to run the 300meter hurdles in a whole new way Wednesday. I am proud that he broke the school record and got into the finals, but more proud that he is growing as a young man. He showed me that he can make his own decisions/changes and see a positive outcome. He has been coached/taught how to run the hurdles for years now. But this time he took responsiblity, for himself, made the change and saw a wonderful outcome. I know that he will do his best tonight and get that 3rd place finish, which is his goal, and run in Columbus next week at the State Meet.

Jesse Owens Track @ The Ohio State University



No comments: